MPCC holds condolence meeting for Prabha Rau
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre today said that the
party had lost a popular and disciplined leader in the passing
away of Prabha Rau.
Rau, Governor of Rajasthan at the time of her death
last month, was also the president of the MPCC twice.
MPCC held a condolence meeting at Tilak Bhavan, the
state unit headquarters here today to mourn Rau`s sudden
Thakre who succeeded Rau in 2008 as the state unit
chief after she was appointed Governor of Himachal Pradesh,
said Rau`s dedication and loyalty to the party was an
inspiration. "Rau was a well educated party leader who always
served the people through the congress party in her capacity
as MLA, MP and senior functionary of the AICC," he said.
Mumbai Congress president Kripashankar Singh recalled
his association with the late leader in the party
organisation. "she was straight forward and disciplined and
these qualities inspired workers like me," Singh said.
He said with Rau`s death, the party had lost an
experienced organisational hand.
Deputy Speaker of the Legislative assembly Madhukarrao
Chavan, Health Minister Suresh Shetty, legislators and party
office bearers were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day