MPCC holds condolence meeting for Prabha Rau
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre today said that the
party had lost a popular and disciplined leader in the passing
away of Prabha Rau.
Rau, Governor of Rajasthan at the time of her death
last month, was also the president of the MPCC twice.
MPCC held a condolence meeting at Tilak Bhavan, the
state unit headquarters here today to mourn Rau`s sudden
Thakre who succeeded Rau in 2008 as the state unit
chief after she was appointed Governor of Himachal Pradesh,
said Rau`s dedication and loyalty to the party was an
inspiration. "Rau was a well educated party leader who always
served the people through the congress party in her capacity
as MLA, MP and senior functionary of the AICC," he said.
Mumbai Congress president Kripashankar Singh recalled
his association with the late leader in the party
organisation. "she was straight forward and disciplined and
these qualities inspired workers like me," Singh said.
He said with Rau`s death, the party had lost an
experienced organisational hand.
Deputy Speaker of the Legislative assembly Madhukarrao
Chavan, Health Minister Suresh Shetty, legislators and party
office bearers were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city