MPCC holds condolence meeting for Prabha Rau
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre today said that the
party had lost a popular and disciplined leader in the passing
away of Prabha Rau.
Rau, Governor of Rajasthan at the time of her death
last month, was also the president of the MPCC twice.
MPCC held a condolence meeting at Tilak Bhavan, the
state unit headquarters here today to mourn Rau`s sudden
Thakre who succeeded Rau in 2008 as the state unit
chief after she was appointed Governor of Himachal Pradesh,
said Rau`s dedication and loyalty to the party was an
inspiration. "Rau was a well educated party leader who always
served the people through the congress party in her capacity
as MLA, MP and senior functionary of the AICC," he said.
Mumbai Congress president Kripashankar Singh recalled
his association with the late leader in the party
organisation. "she was straight forward and disciplined and
these qualities inspired workers like me," Singh said.
He said with Rau`s death, the party had lost an
experienced organisational hand.
Deputy Speaker of the Legislative assembly Madhukarrao
Chavan, Health Minister Suresh Shetty, legislators and party
office bearers were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees