MPCC holds condolence meeting for Prabha Rau
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre today said that the
party had lost a popular and disciplined leader in the passing
away of Prabha Rau.
Rau, Governor of Rajasthan at the time of her death
last month, was also the president of the MPCC twice.
MPCC held a condolence meeting at Tilak Bhavan, the
state unit headquarters here today to mourn Rau`s sudden
Thakre who succeeded Rau in 2008 as the state unit
chief after she was appointed Governor of Himachal Pradesh,
said Rau`s dedication and loyalty to the party was an
inspiration. "Rau was a well educated party leader who always
served the people through the congress party in her capacity
as MLA, MP and senior functionary of the AICC," he said.
Mumbai Congress president Kripashankar Singh recalled
his association with the late leader in the party
organisation. "she was straight forward and disciplined and
these qualities inspired workers like me," Singh said.
He said with Rau`s death, the party had lost an
experienced organisational hand.
Deputy Speaker of the Legislative assembly Madhukarrao
Chavan, Health Minister Suresh Shetty, legislators and party
office bearers were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway