MPCC slams Team Anna over anti-Congress agenda
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) on Tuesday accused Team Anna of having a specific
MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil said Hazare had all along
maintained that his agitation was not against any party. "But,
today`s press conference indicates that people around him have
specific anti-Congress agenda," he said.
The press conference in Ralegan Siddhi was attended by
Arvind Kejriwal, one of the core members of Team Anna.
Gadgil questioned why Team Anna wants a referendum on
Jan Lokpal Bill only in Amethi and Raibareli and not in
Gandhinagar which is L K Advani`s constituency.
According to him, Congress has proved by action that the
party keeps the promise made, such as tabling of the Lokpal
Bill in the Parliament and further referring it to the
Standing Committee within the stipulated time.
"But now, the future course of the Bill requires
participation of various individuals and parties," he said.
Earlier in the day, while addressing a press conference
in his native Ralegan Siddhi, Hazare declared that he
undertake a "anti-Congress" campaign in the upcoming UP
assembly elections as well as other poll-bound states if the
UPA failed to meet his demand of getting the Jan Lok pal Bill
passed in the Winter session of the Parliament.
The Gandhian also announced that he would undertake a
four-day fast in Lucknow, three days before the UP assembly
elections appealing the voters to "inflict a crushing defeat
"We are not going to tell the voters whom they should
vote for. If the Bill is not passed in the winter session, we
will ask people to vote for any party except Congress and
choose a candidate of good character," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion
- Bomb disposal squad deployed in central England after arrests