MPCC slams Team Anna over anti-Congress agenda
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) on Tuesday accused Team Anna of having a specific
MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil said Hazare had all along
maintained that his agitation was not against any party. "But,
today`s press conference indicates that people around him have
specific anti-Congress agenda," he said.
The press conference in Ralegan Siddhi was attended by
Arvind Kejriwal, one of the core members of Team Anna.
Gadgil questioned why Team Anna wants a referendum on
Jan Lokpal Bill only in Amethi and Raibareli and not in
Gandhinagar which is L K Advani`s constituency.
According to him, Congress has proved by action that the
party keeps the promise made, such as tabling of the Lokpal
Bill in the Parliament and further referring it to the
Standing Committee within the stipulated time.
"But now, the future course of the Bill requires
participation of various individuals and parties," he said.
Earlier in the day, while addressing a press conference
in his native Ralegan Siddhi, Hazare declared that he
undertake a "anti-Congress" campaign in the upcoming UP
assembly elections as well as other poll-bound states if the
UPA failed to meet his demand of getting the Jan Lok pal Bill
passed in the Winter session of the Parliament.
The Gandhian also announced that he would undertake a
four-day fast in Lucknow, three days before the UP assembly
elections appealing the voters to "inflict a crushing defeat
"We are not going to tell the voters whom they should
vote for. If the Bill is not passed in the winter session, we
will ask people to vote for any party except Congress and
choose a candidate of good character," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly