MPCC slams Team Anna over anti-Congress agenda
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) on Tuesday accused Team Anna of having a specific
MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil said Hazare had all along
maintained that his agitation was not against any party. "But,
today`s press conference indicates that people around him have
specific anti-Congress agenda," he said.
The press conference in Ralegan Siddhi was attended by
Arvind Kejriwal, one of the core members of Team Anna.
Gadgil questioned why Team Anna wants a referendum on
Jan Lokpal Bill only in Amethi and Raibareli and not in
Gandhinagar which is L K Advani`s constituency.
According to him, Congress has proved by action that the
party keeps the promise made, such as tabling of the Lokpal
Bill in the Parliament and further referring it to the
Standing Committee within the stipulated time.
"But now, the future course of the Bill requires
participation of various individuals and parties," he said.
Earlier in the day, while addressing a press conference
in his native Ralegan Siddhi, Hazare declared that he
undertake a "anti-Congress" campaign in the upcoming UP
assembly elections as well as other poll-bound states if the
UPA failed to meet his demand of getting the Jan Lok pal Bill
passed in the Winter session of the Parliament.
The Gandhian also announced that he would undertake a
four-day fast in Lucknow, three days before the UP assembly
elections appealing the voters to "inflict a crushing defeat
"We are not going to tell the voters whom they should
vote for. If the Bill is not passed in the winter session, we
will ask people to vote for any party except Congress and
choose a candidate of good character," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal