MPCC slams Team Anna over anti-Congress agenda
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) on Tuesday accused Team Anna of having a specific
MPCC spokesman Anant Gadgil said Hazare had all along
maintained that his agitation was not against any party. "But,
today`s press conference indicates that people around him have
specific anti-Congress agenda," he said.
The press conference in Ralegan Siddhi was attended by
Arvind Kejriwal, one of the core members of Team Anna.
Gadgil questioned why Team Anna wants a referendum on
Jan Lokpal Bill only in Amethi and Raibareli and not in
Gandhinagar which is L K Advani`s constituency.
According to him, Congress has proved by action that the
party keeps the promise made, such as tabling of the Lokpal
Bill in the Parliament and further referring it to the
Standing Committee within the stipulated time.
"But now, the future course of the Bill requires
participation of various individuals and parties," he said.
Earlier in the day, while addressing a press conference
in his native Ralegan Siddhi, Hazare declared that he
undertake a "anti-Congress" campaign in the upcoming UP
assembly elections as well as other poll-bound states if the
UPA failed to meet his demand of getting the Jan Lok pal Bill
passed in the Winter session of the Parliament.
The Gandhian also announced that he would undertake a
four-day fast in Lucknow, three days before the UP assembly
elections appealing the voters to "inflict a crushing defeat
"We are not going to tell the voters whom they should
vote for. If the Bill is not passed in the winter session, we
will ask people to vote for any party except Congress and
choose a candidate of good character," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list