MPCC to link district units via video conference
Nagpur: The Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) is gearing up to streamline its functioning well ahead of the Assembly elections in 2014 and planning to link all city and district units via video conference to strengthen its organisational network.
"This will be probably first ever experiment by a state level political organisation to reach out to district and taluka level office bearers and have a direct communication with them to strengthen the network and prepare themselves for next big event," MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said.
The network of video conferencing is in progress and about 50 percent has already been done.
About 57 city and 40 district units will be linked which will enable them to speak to state office bearers sitting at one place.
Chief Minister, his cabinet colleagues and principal office bearers of Congress will speak to party workers and officials of district units right from the party HQ at one time, Thakre said.
On the membership drive, Thakre told PTI that it has been launched on October 17 and MPCC has set a target of 50 lakh members this time against previous figures of 31 lakhs in Maharashtra.
The MPCC was reaching out at booth level party workers and a web of party activists would be ready by mid 2013.
Similarly a group of office bearers and heads of various sub committees are looking into implementing the election manifesto announced during the last Assembly polls in 2009, he said.
MPCC office bearers were visiting each district and holding meetings with unit level, frontal organisations like Mahila Congress, Youth Congess, Sewadal and NSUI office bearers and leaders to motivate them, Thakre said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested