MPCC to link district units via video conference
Nagpur: The Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) is gearing up to streamline its functioning well ahead of the Assembly elections in 2014 and planning to link all city and district units via video conference to strengthen its organisational network.
"This will be probably first ever experiment by a state level political organisation to reach out to district and taluka level office bearers and have a direct communication with them to strengthen the network and prepare themselves for next big event," MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said.
The network of video conferencing is in progress and about 50 percent has already been done.
About 57 city and 40 district units will be linked which will enable them to speak to state office bearers sitting at one place.
Chief Minister, his cabinet colleagues and principal office bearers of Congress will speak to party workers and officials of district units right from the party HQ at one time, Thakre said.
On the membership drive, Thakre told PTI that it has been launched on October 17 and MPCC has set a target of 50 lakh members this time against previous figures of 31 lakhs in Maharashtra.
The MPCC was reaching out at booth level party workers and a web of party activists would be ready by mid 2013.
Similarly a group of office bearers and heads of various sub committees are looking into implementing the election manifesto announced during the last Assembly polls in 2009, he said.
MPCC office bearers were visiting each district and holding meetings with unit level, frontal organisations like Mahila Congress, Youth Congess, Sewadal and NSUI office bearers and leaders to motivate them, Thakre said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre