MPCC top brass reviews preparations for Rahul Gandhi`s visit
Nagpur: Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice and District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe and Pradesh Congress Committee president Manikrao Thakre reviewed preparations on Thursday, for Congress Working Committee president Rahul Gandhi`s visit here, scheduled for next week.
Moghe, Thakre, former minister Subodh Mohite, along with MPCC office bearers like advocate Ganesh Patil, city and district Congress president Jaiprakash Gupta, besides others visited a sprawling lawn in Surabardi on the outskirts of the city, where Rahul is likely to interact with partymen.
"Though the final details of Rahulji`s visit are not available, party workers from Vidarbha, Marathwada and Khandesh are likely to be invited, Thakre said.
MPCC is still awaiting final details, he said, adding this is part of the nationwide interaction by the Congress Working President being undertaken in other parts of the country.
All India Congress Committee`s (AICC) top office bearers, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and a galaxy of Congress ministers in the state cabinet are likely to attend, MPCC sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state