MPCC top brass reviews preparations for Rahul Gandhi`s visit
Nagpur: Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice and District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe and Pradesh Congress Committee president Manikrao Thakre reviewed preparations on Thursday, for Congress Working Committee president Rahul Gandhi`s visit here, scheduled for next week.
Moghe, Thakre, former minister Subodh Mohite, along with MPCC office bearers like advocate Ganesh Patil, city and district Congress president Jaiprakash Gupta, besides others visited a sprawling lawn in Surabardi on the outskirts of the city, where Rahul is likely to interact with partymen.
"Though the final details of Rahulji`s visit are not available, party workers from Vidarbha, Marathwada and Khandesh are likely to be invited, Thakre said.
MPCC is still awaiting final details, he said, adding this is part of the nationwide interaction by the Congress Working President being undertaken in other parts of the country.
All India Congress Committee`s (AICC) top office bearers, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and a galaxy of Congress ministers in the state cabinet are likely to attend, MPCC sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference