MPCC top brass reviews preparations for Rahul Gandhi`s visit
Nagpur: Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice and District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe and Pradesh Congress Committee president Manikrao Thakre reviewed preparations on Thursday, for Congress Working Committee president Rahul Gandhi`s visit here, scheduled for next week.
Moghe, Thakre, former minister Subodh Mohite, along with MPCC office bearers like advocate Ganesh Patil, city and district Congress president Jaiprakash Gupta, besides others visited a sprawling lawn in Surabardi on the outskirts of the city, where Rahul is likely to interact with partymen.
"Though the final details of Rahulji`s visit are not available, party workers from Vidarbha, Marathwada and Khandesh are likely to be invited, Thakre said.
MPCC is still awaiting final details, he said, adding this is part of the nationwide interaction by the Congress Working President being undertaken in other parts of the country.
All India Congress Committee`s (AICC) top office bearers, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and a galaxy of Congress ministers in the state cabinet are likely to attend, MPCC sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users