MPCC wants state to bear medical expenses of acid attack victims
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee today asked the state government to bear all expenses of medical treatment of acid attack victims and ensure their rehabilitation.
MPCC spokesman Sachin Sawant told reporters that the party`s doctors cell and Ashok Gupta, president of the Association of Plastic Surgeons, have come together for "save the face" initiative to help victims of acid attacks.
Sawant said a Criminal Injuries Board should be set up so that a register of such cases could be maintained.
Referring to growing incidents of acid attacks, mainly targeted at women, Sawant said steps should be taken to stop easy availability of acid.
The victims should be given physically handicap certificate and rehabilitated, he demanded.
Gupta said the government should allow free plastic surgery of such victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred