MPSC exam to be held as per schedule
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) examinations scheduled for Sunday, would be held as per schedule, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here on Wednesday.
The MPSC has informed that there was no problem in holding the exams as scheduled, Chavan informed the Legislative Council, after the Opposition raised the issue of the exams being jeopardised following "crash" of MPSC`s main server which wiped out all data of candidates.
Earlier, Minister of State for education Fauzia Khan informed the House that the exams will take place as scheduled.
The Opposition members demanded a statement from the government on the issue and stalled the proceedings, leading to the House being adjourned twice for 15 minutes each.
Meanwhile, the MPSC came under fire from political parties over its "negligence" leading to loss of computerised data of over three lakh candidates who are to appear for the exams.
Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers staged a protest outside the MPSC office in south Mumbai.
MPSC chairman Sudhir Thakre announced in the evening that the exams would be held as per schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her