MPSC exam to be held as per schedule
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) examinations scheduled for Sunday, would be held as per schedule, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here on Wednesday.
The MPSC has informed that there was no problem in holding the exams as scheduled, Chavan informed the Legislative Council, after the Opposition raised the issue of the exams being jeopardised following "crash" of MPSC`s main server which wiped out all data of candidates.
Earlier, Minister of State for education Fauzia Khan informed the House that the exams will take place as scheduled.
The Opposition members demanded a statement from the government on the issue and stalled the proceedings, leading to the House being adjourned twice for 15 minutes each.
Meanwhile, the MPSC came under fire from political parties over its "negligence" leading to loss of computerised data of over three lakh candidates who are to appear for the exams.
Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers staged a protest outside the MPSC office in south Mumbai.
MPSC chairman Sudhir Thakre announced in the evening that the exams would be held as per schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!