MSEDCL engineer booked for abetting wireman`s suicide
Thane: An MSEDCL engineer from Murbad has been booked for allegedly abetting the suicide of a 57-year-old wireman here, police said on Tuesday.
According to the police complaint filed last night, engineer P G Rathod tampered with the attendance register of the victim identified as Budaji D Manse, resident of Bagalpada worked as a wireman with the PSU`s Tokawade office, and used to deliberately mark him absent for duty, API H C Patil of Tokawade police station in Murbad said.
Fed up with constant harassment by Rathod, the victim consumed poison and ended his life on October 15, the police complaint by Manse`s son said.
Earlier, the police had registered a case of accidental death but now it has registered an offence under section 306 (Abetment of suicide) of the IPC against the engineer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?