MSEDCL engineer booked for abetting wireman`s suicide
Thane: An MSEDCL engineer from Murbad has been booked for allegedly abetting the suicide of a 57-year-old wireman here, police said on Tuesday.
According to the police complaint filed last night, engineer P G Rathod tampered with the attendance register of the victim identified as Budaji D Manse, resident of Bagalpada worked as a wireman with the PSU`s Tokawade office, and used to deliberately mark him absent for duty, API H C Patil of Tokawade police station in Murbad said.
Fed up with constant harassment by Rathod, the victim consumed poison and ended his life on October 15, the police complaint by Manse`s son said.
Earlier, the police had registered a case of accidental death but now it has registered an offence under section 306 (Abetment of suicide) of the IPC against the engineer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement