MSEDCL engineer booked for abetting wireman`s suicide
Thane: An MSEDCL engineer from Murbad has been booked for allegedly abetting the suicide of a 57-year-old wireman here, police said on Tuesday.
According to the police complaint filed last night, engineer P G Rathod tampered with the attendance register of the victim identified as Budaji D Manse, resident of Bagalpada worked as a wireman with the PSU`s Tokawade office, and used to deliberately mark him absent for duty, API H C Patil of Tokawade police station in Murbad said.
Fed up with constant harassment by Rathod, the victim consumed poison and ended his life on October 15, the police complaint by Manse`s son said.
Earlier, the police had registered a case of accidental death but now it has registered an offence under section 306 (Abetment of suicide) of the IPC against the engineer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption