Multi-storey ashram in Shirdi for Sai devotees
New Delhi: Devotees travelling to the famous
Sai Baba Temple in Shirdi can now hope to have a comfortable
stay with the trust that runs the temple planning to throw
open next month a multi-storey ashram that could accommodate
over 15,000 people at a time.
Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust in association with the
Shirdi Sai Trust, Chennai has constructed the `Sai Ashram` at
a cost of Rs 125 crore that would have over 1,500 rooms and
nearly 200 halls.
"The Ashram built in an area of 25 acres will be thrown
open to the public by next month. Over 30,000 pilgrims come to
Shirdi everyday and most of them prefer to stay there. This
centre would be great help to them," Ashok Khambekar, Senior
The Ashram will have 1,536 rooms and 192 big halls that
would accommodate over 15,000 people at a time, he said.
Khambekar also said the Sansthan Trust has earmarked Rs
88 crore for laying "excellent" roads in and around Shirdi
village and other areas.
During his meeting with Tourism Minister Subodh Kant
Sahay, he demanded that religious-based tourism be established
in Shirdi so that the pilgrim centres in and around Ahmednagar
district receives more devotees.
The trust also wanted the Central government to announce
a special fund to commemorate the centenary year of
establishment of Sai Baba`s samadhi in Shirdi.
"We are also demanding that Shirdi Development Authority
be established so that 40 to 50 villages near the temple can
be developed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda