Multi-storey ashram in Shirdi for Sai devotees
New Delhi: Devotees travelling to the famous
Sai Baba Temple in Shirdi can now hope to have a comfortable
stay with the trust that runs the temple planning to throw
open next month a multi-storey ashram that could accommodate
over 15,000 people at a time.
Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust in association with the
Shirdi Sai Trust, Chennai has constructed the `Sai Ashram` at
a cost of Rs 125 crore that would have over 1,500 rooms and
nearly 200 halls.
"The Ashram built in an area of 25 acres will be thrown
open to the public by next month. Over 30,000 pilgrims come to
Shirdi everyday and most of them prefer to stay there. This
centre would be great help to them," Ashok Khambekar, Senior
The Ashram will have 1,536 rooms and 192 big halls that
would accommodate over 15,000 people at a time, he said.
Khambekar also said the Sansthan Trust has earmarked Rs
88 crore for laying "excellent" roads in and around Shirdi
village and other areas.
During his meeting with Tourism Minister Subodh Kant
Sahay, he demanded that religious-based tourism be established
in Shirdi so that the pilgrim centres in and around Ahmednagar
district receives more devotees.
The trust also wanted the Central government to announce
a special fund to commemorate the centenary year of
establishment of Sai Baba`s samadhi in Shirdi.
"We are also demanding that Shirdi Development Authority
be established so that 40 to 50 villages near the temple can
be developed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in