Mum: Abandoned briefcase spotted near Mantralaya
Mumbai: There was panic on Tuesday after an
abandoned briefcase was spotted near the state Secretariat in
south Mumbai today, even though nothing suspicious was
detected during the search, police said.
The briefcase was found abandoned next to the parked car
opposite the famous Oval ground near the Mantralaya.
The Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad and dog squad were
rushed to the spot. After scanning and conducting X-ray of the
briefcase, no suspicious objects were found.
"It was an unknown briefcase. Some documents and a cheque
book was recovered from the bag," Z Gharal, senior inspector
of the Marine Lines police station, said.
He said they were informed about the abandoned case
around 4 pm, following which, the cops rushed to the spot and
carried out the searching.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'