Mum: Abandoned briefcase spotted near Mantralaya
Mumbai: There was panic on Tuesday after an
abandoned briefcase was spotted near the state Secretariat in
south Mumbai today, even though nothing suspicious was
detected during the search, police said.
The briefcase was found abandoned next to the parked car
opposite the famous Oval ground near the Mantralaya.
The Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad and dog squad were
rushed to the spot. After scanning and conducting X-ray of the
briefcase, no suspicious objects were found.
"It was an unknown briefcase. Some documents and a cheque
book was recovered from the bag," Z Gharal, senior inspector
of the Marine Lines police station, said.
He said they were informed about the abandoned case
around 4 pm, following which, the cops rushed to the spot and
carried out the searching.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country