Mum: Abandoned briefcase spotted near Mantralaya
Mumbai: There was panic on Tuesday after an
abandoned briefcase was spotted near the state Secretariat in
south Mumbai today, even though nothing suspicious was
detected during the search, police said.
The briefcase was found abandoned next to the parked car
opposite the famous Oval ground near the Mantralaya.
The Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad and dog squad were
rushed to the spot. After scanning and conducting X-ray of the
briefcase, no suspicious objects were found.
"It was an unknown briefcase. Some documents and a cheque
book was recovered from the bag," Z Gharal, senior inspector
of the Marine Lines police station, said.
He said they were informed about the abandoned case
around 4 pm, following which, the cops rushed to the spot and
carried out the searching.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic