Mum: Abandoned briefcase spotted near Mantralaya
Mumbai: There was panic on Tuesday after an
abandoned briefcase was spotted near the state Secretariat in
south Mumbai today, even though nothing suspicious was
detected during the search, police said.
The briefcase was found abandoned next to the parked car
opposite the famous Oval ground near the Mantralaya.
The Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad and dog squad were
rushed to the spot. After scanning and conducting X-ray of the
briefcase, no suspicious objects were found.
"It was an unknown briefcase. Some documents and a cheque
book was recovered from the bag," Z Gharal, senior inspector
of the Marine Lines police station, said.
He said they were informed about the abandoned case
around 4 pm, following which, the cops rushed to the spot and
carried out the searching.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble