Mum: Abandoned briefcase spotted near Mantralaya
Mumbai: There was panic on Tuesday after an
abandoned briefcase was spotted near the state Secretariat in
south Mumbai today, even though nothing suspicious was
detected during the search, police said.
The briefcase was found abandoned next to the parked car
opposite the famous Oval ground near the Mantralaya.
The Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad and dog squad were
rushed to the spot. After scanning and conducting X-ray of the
briefcase, no suspicious objects were found.
"It was an unknown briefcase. Some documents and a cheque
book was recovered from the bag," Z Gharal, senior inspector
of the Marine Lines police station, said.
He said they were informed about the abandoned case
around 4 pm, following which, the cops rushed to the spot and
carried out the searching.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees