Mum airport`s 2nd runway to be closed from Oct 10
Mumbai: The Mumbai international airport
on Tuesday said it will shut the secondary runway for over three
months from October 10 following the start of construction
work for a new taxiway for the runway.
The secondary runway (14/32) will remain closed till
January 20 next, an airport spokesperson said in a release.
However, flight operations will not be impacted as the
primary runway 09/27 will continue to remain open for
operations, the release said.
The effort is to enhance the efficiency of the overall
operations of the airport, it added.
Once the new taxiway is ready, aircraft will be able to
vacate the runway faster thus reducing runway occupancy, the
The proposed new taxiway will come up between the E1 & E3
taxiways for the secondary runway.
The work, including the construction and closure, is
being undertaken after discussions with the Directorate
General of Civil Aviation, air traffic control and the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed