Mum blast: State hospitals to issue IDs to injured
Mumbai: One of the injured victims in the
serial bomb blasts, who was discharged from a government-run
hospital with a splinter in his body, has been issued a photo
identity card to avoid security hassles at airports, malls and
other places having metal detectors at entrance, dean of JJ
Some more patients, currently undergoing treatment in
various hospitals with metal pieces in their bodies, would
also be given such IDs by the government hospitals if the
splinters are not removed, he said.
"Rajaram Mane (30), who was discharged after treatment
in our hospital, was given this government authorised card for
security reasons. Mane can show the persons concerned after
the metal detectors at the places he visits suggest presence
of any metal with him. This card mentions that he is the
victim of the bomb blasts and a metal piece is lodged in his
body," said TP Lahane, Dean of JJ hospital.
Mane was admitted at the hospital after he sustained
severe injuries at Zaveri Bazaar blast.
"The small metal piece is lodged in his cheek. Due to
some medical reasons, we decided not to remove the splinter
and issue a photo identity card with details of presence of
the piece. Its presence in the body will not cause any side
effects," said Lahane.
At the airports, malls and any other places with metal
detectors at the entrance, he could show this government
authorised card, the doctor added.
Six more discharged patients had also been given photo
ID cards for medical purpose and not for security reasons,
"These second type of IDs will give us get an idea as
to on which part(s) of the body the patient sustained injuries
and what treatment he had been given. It would help us to know
medical status of the patients," he added.
26 people have so far lost their lives and over 120
injured in the triple blasts at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera
House on July 13.
The injured, some of them in critical condition, are
undergoing treatment at various hospitals, including KEM, Nair
and GT Hospital, in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price