Mum police commissioner visits HC, CM meets top cops
Mumbai: Following the high-intensity blast outside the Delhi High Court n Wednesday morning, Mumbai Police Commissioner took a review of the security at the Bombay High Court here.
"I went to the Bombay High Court and reviewed the security arrangement," said Commissioner Arup Patnaik here.
Patnaik added that nakabandi (police checking) will be increased at the entry and exit points in the city.
Due to the ongoing Ganesh festival, policemen were already on the roads and on high alert, he said, adding "I appeal to Mumbaikars to stay on alert."
Patnaik also said, that police were getting good cooperation from the Ganesh Mandals in the metropolis with regard to security measures at Ganesh pandals.
The police commissioner also attended a security-review meeting called by the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan at the state secretariat, following the incident in Delhi.
Maharashtra ATS chief Rakesh Maria and Commissioner of State Intelligence Department K L Prasad were among those present at the meeting, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon