Mumbai: 17 women inmates run away from rescue home
Mumbai: 17 women inmates escaped today from a state government-run rescue home near here on Monday, police said.
The women escaped this morning by scaling the wall of Navjivan Women`s Rescue Home in suburban Mankhurd, said a police officer.
According to police, the women had been either rescued by police during the raids conducted at ladies` bars or from prostitution dens in the city.
A complaint was registered at Govandi police station, police said adding efforts were on to trace the women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars