Mumbai: 17 women inmates run away from rescue home
Mumbai: 17 women inmates escaped today from a state government-run rescue home near here on Monday, police said.
The women escaped this morning by scaling the wall of Navjivan Women`s Rescue Home in suburban Mankhurd, said a police officer.
According to police, the women had been either rescued by police during the raids conducted at ladies` bars or from prostitution dens in the city.
A complaint was registered at Govandi police station, police said adding efforts were on to trace the women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday