Mumbai: 40 students suffer from food poison
Mumbai: Nearly 40 students of a coaching class were hospitalised on Monday due to food poisoning soon after they consumed cake and snacks served to them during Teacher`s day celebration in the class at suburban Ghatkopar, police said.
According to police, the Teacher`s day was celebrated last night in the USI classes in Ramabai Ambedkar Nagar where 40 students were served snacks and cakes brought from a nearby Hari Om sweet mart.
A little after mid-night the students started vomiting and felt unwell following which their parents rushed them to Rajawadi hospital for treatment for the food poisoning, said MS Suryavanshi, Senior Inspector at Pant Nagar Police Station.
The teacher Rajendra Dhar was immediately notified and the statements of students and Dhar were recorded. All the students are out of danger, he added.
Vishvanath Gaikwad, father of one of the affected students Tejas, said that when he took his son to the hospital he found other students of the same coaching class being
"The eatables served during the party were unhygienic," he added.
Suryavanshi said, "Two persons, Rajendra Choudhary and Shamsher Hussain Ansari, the shop owner and cake maker respectively, were arrested in this connection." Further probe
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?