Mumbai: 40 students suffer from food poison
Mumbai: Nearly 40 students of a coaching class were hospitalised on Monday due to food poisoning soon after they consumed cake and snacks served to them during Teacher`s day celebration in the class at suburban Ghatkopar, police said.
According to police, the Teacher`s day was celebrated last night in the USI classes in Ramabai Ambedkar Nagar where 40 students were served snacks and cakes brought from a nearby Hari Om sweet mart.
A little after mid-night the students started vomiting and felt unwell following which their parents rushed them to Rajawadi hospital for treatment for the food poisoning, said MS Suryavanshi, Senior Inspector at Pant Nagar Police Station.
The teacher Rajendra Dhar was immediately notified and the statements of students and Dhar were recorded. All the students are out of danger, he added.
Vishvanath Gaikwad, father of one of the affected students Tejas, said that when he took his son to the hospital he found other students of the same coaching class being
"The eatables served during the party were unhygienic," he added.
Suryavanshi said, "Two persons, Rajendra Choudhary and Shamsher Hussain Ansari, the shop owner and cake maker respectively, were arrested in this connection." Further probe
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Five reasons why you should take a brisk walk every single day!
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha