Mumbai: 5-month-old foetus found dumped in drain
Mumbai: In yet another case of suspected illegal abortion, a five-month old male foetus was found abandoned in a drain in suburban Santacruz on Monday, police said.
This is the fifth such incident in the city over the last three months.
Passers-by noticed the male foetus in Khotwadi area and informed the cops, who took it to Cooper hospital, police added.
"An FIR was registered against unidentified woman under IPC section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body). The five-to-six-month old foetus was sent for a post mortem and search for its parents is on," said Arun Chavan, senior inspector at Santacruz.
On June 9, a five-month old foetus was found in a drain in Kandivali. A day before this, two foetuses were found in a garbage bin near a civic school in Kurla.
On April 14 this year, the Cuffe Parade police had found a female foetus on a playground located near Backbay bus depot. The remains, which were partly buried, surfaced while children were playing there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic