Mumbai: 5-month-old foetus found dumped in drain
Mumbai: In yet another case of suspected illegal abortion, a five-month old male foetus was found abandoned in a drain in suburban Santacruz on Monday, police said.
This is the fifth such incident in the city over the last three months.
Passers-by noticed the male foetus in Khotwadi area and informed the cops, who took it to Cooper hospital, police added.
"An FIR was registered against unidentified woman under IPC section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body). The five-to-six-month old foetus was sent for a post mortem and search for its parents is on," said Arun Chavan, senior inspector at Santacruz.
On June 9, a five-month old foetus was found in a drain in Kandivali. A day before this, two foetuses were found in a garbage bin near a civic school in Kurla.
On April 14 this year, the Cuffe Parade police had found a female foetus on a playground located near Backbay bus depot. The remains, which were partly buried, surfaced while children were playing there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to raise Rs 5,000 cr via bonds
- 0.50% cut in policy rate by March quarter: Morgan Stanley