Mumbai: 5-month-old foetus found dumped in drain
Mumbai: In yet another case of suspected illegal abortion, a five-month old male foetus was found abandoned in a drain in suburban Santacruz on Monday, police said.
This is the fifth such incident in the city over the last three months.
Passers-by noticed the male foetus in Khotwadi area and informed the cops, who took it to Cooper hospital, police added.
"An FIR was registered against unidentified woman under IPC section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body). The five-to-six-month old foetus was sent for a post mortem and search for its parents is on," said Arun Chavan, senior inspector at Santacruz.
On June 9, a five-month old foetus was found in a drain in Kandivali. A day before this, two foetuses were found in a garbage bin near a civic school in Kurla.
On April 14 this year, the Cuffe Parade police had found a female foetus on a playground located near Backbay bus depot. The remains, which were partly buried, surfaced while children were playing there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal