Mumbai airport runway remains shut for third day
Mumbai: Efforts are on to tow away the
Turkish Airlines aircraft and reopen the main runway of Mumbai
International Airport (MIAL), though the authorities had hoped
to complete the task by 8.00 am on Sunday.
TK-740, an Airbus 340 aircraft, skidded off the runway
Friday morning and got stuck in the mud.
"The recovery of the aircraft is still in progress. We
will inform you of a safe time line later. All flights are
running on time. Since morning, there has been no diversion of
flights. However, a Singapore Airlines` flight has been
cancelled," an MIAL spokesperson said.
A team of 34 engineers and nearly 200 labourers are
working to move off the plane, sources said.
Meanwhile, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)
officials, who had earlier questioned the pilots, are waiting
to download data from the cockpit voice recorder (CVC) and
flight data recorder for further investigation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly