Mumbai airport runway remains shut for third day
Mumbai: Efforts are on to tow away the
Turkish Airlines aircraft and reopen the main runway of Mumbai
International Airport (MIAL), though the authorities had hoped
to complete the task by 8.00 am on Sunday.
TK-740, an Airbus 340 aircraft, skidded off the runway
Friday morning and got stuck in the mud.
"The recovery of the aircraft is still in progress. We
will inform you of a safe time line later. All flights are
running on time. Since morning, there has been no diversion of
flights. However, a Singapore Airlines` flight has been
cancelled," an MIAL spokesperson said.
A team of 34 engineers and nearly 200 labourers are
working to move off the plane, sources said.
Meanwhile, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)
officials, who had earlier questioned the pilots, are waiting
to download data from the cockpit voice recorder (CVC) and
flight data recorder for further investigation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India
- Anil Kumble – Facts you must know about India's new coach
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat