Mumbai ATS seeks custody of IM men involved in Pune blasts
New Delhi: Mumbai police has moved a Delhi court seeking custody of four suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists allegedly involved in the Pune blast in August this year and arrested by the Delhi police for planning strikes in the capital during the Dussehra and Diwali festivals.
In its plea to a magisterial court, the Mumbai ATS sought the custody of four alleged IM operatives Asad Khan, Imran Khan, Feroze Hamza and and Irfan Mustafa Langda, presently in the custody of Delhi Police, saying they were actively involved in the August 1 Pune blast.
"During preliminary inquiries conducted by the Special Cell of Delhi Police and the Mumbai ATS, it was revealed that the accused persons were involved in the Pune blast and were wanted in this case," the Mumbai agency said in its plea.
It also told the court that all the four have been booked for offences of attempt to murder, conspiracy, mischief under the Indian Penal Code and also under various provisions of the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act and the Explosive Substances Act.
The Mumbai ATS sought their custody also saying that a production warrant has been issued by a Pune magisterial court on October 20 for the custody of the four accused.
"It is prayed that no objection be given for handing over the accused for compliance of the inquiry in the aforesaid crime (Pune blast)," the Pune court said in its order issuing production warrant for the four alleged IM men.
Asad, Imran, Feroze are in custody of Special Cell till October 27 while Irfan is in police remand till October 30. They all are natives of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read