Mumbai attack martyr`s uncle passes away
New Delhi: Mumbai attack martyr Major
Sandeep Unnikrishnan`s uncle, who attempted self immolation to
protest the government`s alleged apathy in treating victims of
the 26/11 strike, succumbed to injuries, police said today.
56-year-old K Mohanan, who had suffered 98 per cent
burn injuries, died at 11:55 PM last night at the Ram Manohar
Lohia Hospital here.
While undergoing treatment, he had also suffered a
Mohanan, a native of Kozhikode in Kerala, had poured
kerosene and set himself on fire outside Gate No 4 of
Parliament House near Vijay Chowk on Thursday.
Mohanan had told doctors that he was unhappy at the
way the victims of the Mumbai attacks were treated by the
government. "He was disturbed at the death of Sandeep. He
wanted to feel the pain Sandeep might have suffered when he
was shot at by the terrorists," the official said.
Mohanan, the younger brother of Sandeep`s father, had
told his family that he was leaving for Ernakulam but instead
left for the national capital, he said.
Sandeep`s father K Unnikrishnan had said, "We are
happy with the way the government has treated our son. We have
no grievances. Mohanan was very fond of Sandeep. We thought
that he had overcome the grief but ended up doing this".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday