Mumbai authorities to start eviction of illegal Campa Cola society flats from June 17
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Mumbai: The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) will begin evicting the illegal residents in the Campa Cola Society in South Mumbai from June 17, reports said on Friday.
A MCGM official was quoting as saying, "We will start taking action against the residents from June 17. But before that we will send a notice under section 488 of Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act to all unauthorised flat owners on 14th, 15th and 16th June."
Even after the Supreme Court refused to give them any relief and further extension, the residents are not willing to leave the illegally built flats, which will now be demolished.
The `MCGM official further said that the eviction process will be carried out in three stages and may go on for a year.
"We have to be very careful in carrying out the demolition work to make sure that the legal flats in the buildings are not harmed in any way," the officer was quoted as saying.
In the first stage of eviction, the MCGM will cut off supply of electricity, water and gas to the illegally built flats. Internal walls of the flats would be pulled down in the second stage, and finally the balconies would be taken down.
"MCGM will be spending about Rs 2,20,00,000 on demolition, and the money will be recovered from the property tax of the legal residents of Campa Cola," the official said.
Residents will also face action for violating the court orders to vacate the flats.
Meanwhile, some of the residents have totally refused to hand over the keys of flats to MCGM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM