Mumbai BJP chief`s remarks `vulgar`, says MNS
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena on Thursday flayed
Mumbai BJP president Raj Purohit for criticising a girl, whose
sting video of a `paani puri` vendor apparently urinating into
a jug kept on his handcart, recently created a stir.
"The remarks by Purohit are vulgar. The girl is a collegian
and comes from a cultured family. Purohit, who represents a
key political party, should have thought twice before speaking
such rubbish," MNS group leader in Legislative Assembly, Bala
Nandgaonkar was responding to Purohit`s comments during a
hawkers` event here recently that the girl who shot the video
was "shameless enough to watch a man urinate."
"No Indian woman, not even women in red light areas will
watch such a thing," Purohit had said.
After the video was aired by TV news channels, MNS workers,
reigniting their agitation against north Indians, attacked
bhelpuri and paani puri vendors, mostly migrants from UP and
A 59-year-old paani puri vendor in adjoining Thane was
detained last month for allegedly peeing into a small utensil
that he otherwise used to serve his customers, after Ankita
Rane, the 19-year old student, captured the rather disgusting
act on camera from a nearby balcony.
When residents in the area saw the video she had recorded,
they first beat up the vendor before taking him to the police
"Purohit`s remarks come at a time when Maharashtra is
celebrating its golden jubilee, and women hold key posts,
including that of the President, Lok Sabha Speaker and chief
of ruling party," Nandgaonkar said. Purohit should remember
that leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha is a woman from his
party, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what