Mumbai BJP chief`s remarks `vulgar`, says MNS
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena on Thursday flayed
Mumbai BJP president Raj Purohit for criticising a girl, whose
sting video of a `paani puri` vendor apparently urinating into
a jug kept on his handcart, recently created a stir.
"The remarks by Purohit are vulgar. The girl is a collegian
and comes from a cultured family. Purohit, who represents a
key political party, should have thought twice before speaking
such rubbish," MNS group leader in Legislative Assembly, Bala
Nandgaonkar was responding to Purohit`s comments during a
hawkers` event here recently that the girl who shot the video
was "shameless enough to watch a man urinate."
"No Indian woman, not even women in red light areas will
watch such a thing," Purohit had said.
After the video was aired by TV news channels, MNS workers,
reigniting their agitation against north Indians, attacked
bhelpuri and paani puri vendors, mostly migrants from UP and
A 59-year-old paani puri vendor in adjoining Thane was
detained last month for allegedly peeing into a small utensil
that he otherwise used to serve his customers, after Ankita
Rane, the 19-year old student, captured the rather disgusting
act on camera from a nearby balcony.
When residents in the area saw the video she had recorded,
they first beat up the vendor before taking him to the police
"Purohit`s remarks come at a time when Maharashtra is
celebrating its golden jubilee, and women hold key posts,
including that of the President, Lok Sabha Speaker and chief
of ruling party," Nandgaonkar said. Purohit should remember
that leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha is a woman from his
party, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28