Mumbai BJP leader hacked to death
Mumbai: A local BJP leader was hacked to death in his house in northeast Mumbai early Monday, police said.
The victim, Vasant Patil, 55, was the BJP Ward 106 president and had been instrumental in highlighting local scams and irregularities.
Police said some unidentified people barged into Patil`s house in Raote Compound, Khidipada area in Bhandup at 8 a.m. Monday, and attacked him with choppers.
His wife, who was not at home, returned to find him lying in a pool of blood and screamed for help.
Neighbours and friends informed police, who rushed him to Rajawadi Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
BJP state president Devendra Fadnavis raised the matter in the legislature and demanded that the government give a statement on the issue.
Meanwhile, police have detained a suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29