Mumbai BJP leader Rajesh Sharma joins Congress
Mumbai: BJP leader and former deputy mayor of Mumbai, Rajesh Sharma on Monday joined Congress along with his supporters.
Sharma, a two-time corporator from Andheri, is considered to be close to senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde. He was currently Mumbai BJP vice president.
Sharma joined Congress in the presence of state Congress president Manikrao Thakre.
Thakre later said Sharma was a good "grassroots worker," and would be given important responsibility in the state unit.
Sharma had met Ahmed Patel, political secretary to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and AICC in-charge of Maharashtra, Mohan Prakash, before joining the party formally.
"Hard-working and meritorious people are being rendered irrelevant in BJP," Sharma accused.
Thakre claimed that some other leaders from non-Congress parties too had shown inclination to join the party.
Another senior BJP leader from Mumbai, Pravin Chhedha, had joined Congress before the civic elections earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you