Mumbai BJP leader Rajesh Sharma quits, to join Con
Mumbai: Stating that he has lost faith in the party, former deputy mayor of Mumbai and Bharatiya Janata Party leader (BJP) Rajesh Sharma Sunday resigned from the organisation and announced that he will formally join the Congress.
"The decision making process in the party has deteriorated and deserving people are not valued here. Hence, the decision to move away," he told IANS.
Sharma has been associated with the BJP since 1988.
"Sonia Gandhi has nurtured the party (Congress) in a very mature way and the Gandhi family always had the best interests of the country in their minds. I felt it was the right time and the right party to move to," Sharma said.
Sharma was the Mumbai BJP`s general secretary before he resigned Sunday. He also claimed that there were over 2,000 party workers associated with him and they might also put in their papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi