Mumbai BJP leader Rajesh Sharma quits, to join Con
Mumbai: Stating that he has lost faith in the party, former deputy mayor of Mumbai and Bharatiya Janata Party leader (BJP) Rajesh Sharma Sunday resigned from the organisation and announced that he will formally join the Congress.
"The decision making process in the party has deteriorated and deserving people are not valued here. Hence, the decision to move away," he told IANS.
Sharma has been associated with the BJP since 1988.
"Sonia Gandhi has nurtured the party (Congress) in a very mature way and the Gandhi family always had the best interests of the country in their minds. I felt it was the right time and the right party to move to," Sharma said.
Sharma was the Mumbai BJP`s general secretary before he resigned Sunday. He also claimed that there were over 2,000 party workers associated with him and they might also put in their papers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living