Mumbai blasts: ATS claims `very good` leads
Mumbai: Claiming it has got "very good"
leads from the sketch of the suspect of July 13 serial blasts,
Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Wednesday indicated that
the suspect hails either from central or northern parts of the
country even as the agency has scanned whooping one lakh phone
calls so far for the clues.
"We have got very good leads from the sketch of the
suspect. We have information that the suspect is from either
central or northern parts of the country. That is the reason
why we have spread our teams in these areas to trace the
suspect," said a senior ATS official.
The teams of Maharashtra ATS and Mumbai Crime branch
had been fanned to various states including Madhya Pradesh,
Delhi, Rajasthan and Gujarat in a bid to get "solid leads" in
the case, he added.
The suspect was allegedly involved in the blast at
20 people were killed and over 130 injured in the
triple blasts at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on July
The sketch was circulated only to select
investigators, who are part of the 12 core teams formed to
probe the blasts, besides a few top informers.
The ATS has so far verified incoming and outgoing
records of over a lakh phone calls, the official said, adding
some numbers are under their scanner and their veracity being
Asked if these suspicious calls were either made to
Madhya Pradesh, Kolkata or Gujarat, where ATS teams are
working in a full swing for leads, the official refused to
The sketch was prepared on the basis of eye witnesses`
account after police showed them the footage pertaining to the
blast at Zaveri Bazaar.
A joint team of Mumbai Police and Maharashtra ATS has
also questioned suspected IM operative Danish Riaz in Gujarat
in connection with the Mumbai triple blasts.
Danish was arrested from Vadodara railway station on
June 21 in connection with the 2008 Ahmedabad blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks