Mumbai blasts: BJP criticises Centre, Maha govt
Mumbai: Expressing concerns over
"insignificant" investigations into the 13/7 blasts, BJP on Saturday
lashed out at the Centre and Maharashtra Government on the
22 people have so far lost their lives and 129 others
injured when blasts at Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar
rocked Mumbai on July 13.
"Ten days after the blasts, the investigative agencies
have no clue about the perpetrators of the blasts nor have
they made significant progress into the case," BJP National
General Secretary, M Venkaiah Naidu, told reporters here.
Hitting out at Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s
statement that there was no intelligence input on the blasts,
Naidu said the government did not have intelligence before the
blasts and even after the attacks have taken place.
"This is horrible," he said, adding the country is not
safe in the hands of UPA.
"Mumbai`s suburban trains were attacked five years ago
killing 187 persons. Terrorists struck the city again on
November 26, 2008 and last week another attack took place. The
perpetrators of the 11/7 train blasts five years ago are still
at large," Naidu said.
UPA`s policy on terror is "condolence for the dead;
compensation for the survivors," he said.
Naidu said those who favour talks with Pakistan must
remember that the neighbouring country was in turmoil.
"It (Pakistan) is also in alliance with those who
perpetuate terror. Unless Pakistan decides to become less
radical, more democratic and de-link itself from terror, talks
are meaningless. This is the mood of the common man on the
streets," the former BJP president said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi