Mumbai blasts: BJP criticises Centre, Maha govt
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 20:04
  
Mumbai: Expressing concerns over "insignificant" investigations into the 13/7 blasts, BJP on Saturday lashed out at the Centre and Maharashtra Government on the terror attack.

22 people have so far lost their lives and 129 others injured when blasts at Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar rocked Mumbai on July 13.

"Ten days after the blasts, the investigative agencies have no clue about the perpetrators of the blasts nor have they made significant progress into the case," BJP National General Secretary, M Venkaiah Naidu, told reporters here.

Hitting out at Union Home Minister P Chidambaram's statement that there was no intelligence input on the blasts, Naidu said the government did not have intelligence before the blasts and even after the attacks have taken place.

"This is horrible," he said, adding the country is not safe in the hands of UPA.

"Mumbai's suburban trains were attacked five years ago killing 187 persons. Terrorists struck the city again on November 26, 2008 and last week another attack took place. The perpetrators of the 11/7 train blasts five years ago are still at large," Naidu said.

UPA's policy on terror is "condolence for the dead; compensation for the survivors," he said.

Naidu said those who favour talks with Pakistan must remember that the neighbouring country was in turmoil.

"It (Pakistan) is also in alliance with those who perpetuate terror. Unless Pakistan decides to become less radical, more democratic and de-link itself from terror, talks are meaningless. This is the mood of the common man on the streets," the former BJP president said.

PTI


First Published: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 20:04


comments powered by Disqus