‘Mumbai blasts underline need for police reforms’
Hyderabad: Condemning the serial Mumbai
blasts, Lok Satta Party said on Thursday that the serial blasts in
the city have once again underlined the need for promoting
community policing and expediting long-delayed police reforms.
Condoling the death of 18 people in the blasts, Lok Satta
Party working president DVVS Varma, in a statement, said that
extremists have been wreaking havoc with impunity by taking
advantage of the nexus between mafias on one hand and
politicians and police on the other.
Varma demanded an immediate end to politicians`
interference in the day-to-day police functioning so that they
could discharge their duties fearlessly.
Encouragement of community policing through constitution
of neighbourhood watch groups would enable the police to
function much more effectively. Both steps are necessary to
strengthen preventive intelligence mechanism of our security
agencies, he added.
Varma said the government should extend compensation to
victims` families promptly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!