Mumbai-bound Flying Rani Express derails; no casualty
Ahmedabad: As many as six coaches of the
Mumbai-bound Flying Rani Express derailed between Surat and
Udhna stations on Sunday, railway officials said.
There was no report of any casualty, but the
derailment affected traffic on the busy Mumbai-Ahmedabad
route, they said.
The incident took place soon after the Surat-Mumbai
train left Surat station in the morning, the officials said,
adding the derailed coaches included two AC compartments.
The express train was cancelled and track repair work
was on. One side traffic resumed after nearly six hours, the
Most of the trains to and from Mumbai were running
late by 30-40 minutes, they added.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev