Mumbai-bound Flying Rani Express derails; no casualty
Ahmedabad: As many as six coaches of the
Mumbai-bound Flying Rani Express derailed between Surat and
Udhna stations on Sunday, railway officials said.
There was no report of any casualty, but the
derailment affected traffic on the busy Mumbai-Ahmedabad
route, they said.
The incident took place soon after the Surat-Mumbai
train left Surat station in the morning, the officials said,
adding the derailed coaches included two AC compartments.
The express train was cancelled and track repair work
was on. One side traffic resumed after nearly six hours, the
Most of the trains to and from Mumbai were running
late by 30-40 minutes, they added.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list