Mumbai-bound Flying Rani Express derails; no casualty
Ahmedabad: As many as six coaches of the
Mumbai-bound Flying Rani Express derailed between Surat and
Udhna stations on Sunday, railway officials said.
There was no report of any casualty, but the
derailment affected traffic on the busy Mumbai-Ahmedabad
route, they said.
The incident took place soon after the Surat-Mumbai
train left Surat station in the morning, the officials said,
adding the derailed coaches included two AC compartments.
The express train was cancelled and track repair work
was on. One side traffic resumed after nearly six hours, the
Most of the trains to and from Mumbai were running
late by 30-40 minutes, they added.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 'China will get involved if India foments trouble in Balochistan'
- Leander Paes-Andre Begemann squander five match points to lose Salem ATP final
- Stocks to react to Fed chair's speech; macroeconomic data eyed
- GST an example of how big tasks can be done if parties work together: PM Modi
- People forget celebrities are also human beings: Jacqueline Fernandez