Mumbai-bound Flying Rani Express derails; no casualty
Ahmedabad: As many as six coaches of the
Mumbai-bound Flying Rani Express derailed between Surat and
Udhna stations on Sunday, railway officials said.
There was no report of any casualty, but the
derailment affected traffic on the busy Mumbai-Ahmedabad
route, they said.
The incident took place soon after the Surat-Mumbai
train left Surat station in the morning, the officials said,
adding the derailed coaches included two AC compartments.
The express train was cancelled and track repair work
was on. One side traffic resumed after nearly six hours, the
Most of the trains to and from Mumbai were running
late by 30-40 minutes, they added.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today