Mumbai CA suicide case: Husband arrested
Mumbai: The police on Tuesday arrested husband of
chartered accountant Nidhi Gupta on charges of abatement to
suicide and torture.
Nidhi jumped to death after pushing her two children
from the 19th floor from her residential building in Malad on
March 8, the police said.
"Nidhi`s husband Pawan Gupta was arrested from the
city today. We are looking for other family members. Earlier
Nidhi`s sister-in-law Sunita was apprehended on Friday," said
Vinayak Kakade, senior Inspector at Dindoshi police station.
Pawan held on the charges of abatement to suicide and
torture has been remanded to police custody till March 21, he
Nidhi, a chartered accountant and professor, allegedly
hurled down her son Gaurav (6) and daughter Mahika (3) from
the 19th floor of the 21-storeyed Sahyadri Housing Complex
before jumping herself.
She had been married to Pawan, who is into a ready-made
garment business, for 10 years. A suicide note left by the
victim reads "nobody is responsible for this", police
Nidhi stayed with her husband Pankaj and his family
members comprising in-laws, brother-in-law and sister-in-law
at a flat on the 9th floor of the building, they said.
Nidhi’s father Bimal Jalan had registered a complaint
against her husband Pawan and in-laws on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation