Mumbai case adjourned till April 24
Lahore: An official of Pakistan`s premier investigating agency was today cross-examined in connection with the 2008 Mumbai attacks case after which the hearing was postponed for two weeks.
The FIA witness had informed the court in last hearing that the international SIM used by accused Jamil Ahmed to give directions to Mumbai attackers had been sent to Riyadh for forensic analysis.
Sources told PTI that the Federal Investigation Agency`s witness was cross-examined by the defence lawyers.
After this, the Judge Atiqur Rehman adjourned the hearing till April 24.
The long delay in the hearing was because the judge is going on leave.
No hearing took place in the Mumbai case last month.
The hearing on March 5 was postponed to March 12 following a boycott by lawyers against a terror incident.
However, the hearing, which is held on a weekly basis, was repeatedly postponed since then as the Judge refused to come for hearing due to security concerns.
The Judge finally came on April 2 but the hearing was held within the premises of the Court rather than at the Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi where it usually takes place.
Lashkar-e-Taiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Abdul Wajid, Mazhar Iqbal, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jameel Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Anjum have been charged with planning, financing and executing the attacks in India`s financial capital that killed 166 people in November, 2008.
All the accused are lodged in Adiala prison.
Out of about 60 witnesses, the anti-terrorism court has so far completed cross examination of 32 prosecution witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27