Mumbai case trial in Pak adjourned till March 31
The trial of 7 Pak suspects, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks was adjourned till March 31.
Islamabad: The trial of seven Pakistani
suspects, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi,
charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks was on Saturday adjourned till March 31 as the anti-terrorism judge hearing the case was on leave.
Prosecutors are expected to present a report on a
Pakistani judicial commission`s interviews with Indian
officials and witnesses at the next nearing, sources told PTI.
"Judge Shahid Rafique, who is hearing the case, was on
leave today and there were no proceedings," a source said.
The eight-member judicial commission, which included
prosecutors and defence lawyers, returned from a visit to
India earlier this week.
The panel travelled to Mumbai, where it recorded the
statements of magistrate who recorded the confession of Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving attacker, the police officer who led the investigation into the attacks and two doctors who conducted the autopsies of the terrorists and victims.
The seven suspects, including Lashkar-e-Taiba commander
Lakhvi, have been charged with planning, financing and
executing the terror attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people
in November 2008.
The trial of the Pakistani suspects has stalled due to
various technical issues for the past year.
Pakistani prosecutors have said the commission`s findings
are expected to take forward the trial.