Mumbai: CCTV footage released in hunt for killers of woman in suitcase
Mumbai: Groping in dark for leads in the murder case of a young woman, whose body was found bundled in an abandoned trolley bag at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) here, the Railway Police on Thursday released CCTV footages, seeking public help to identify her killers.
The body of the unidentified woman, aged around 30, was found stuffed in the bag at the CST railway station on the morning of September 26, with strangle marks, police said.
The postmortem report indicated the victim was strangled to death and was assaulted before she was killed.
The CCTV footages released to the media show the two accused (aged between 25-30 years), who appeared tense standing with the bag on the railway platform for a while before rushing away from there, police said.
The duo alighted from the Pune-Mumbai Sinhagad Express, pulling the trolley bag, they said.
The visuals show a policeman passed off the two while they were preparing to abandon the bag.
The movements of the duo were caught in 4-5 CCTVs, although the faces were not clearly seen.
Police suspect that the accused might have boarded the train either in Thane, Pune or Raigadh.
Cops were verifying if any missing persons` complaint was registered in police stations of the city or neighbouring cities. So far about 300 people have been quizzed in connection with the case but in vain, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read