Mumbai: CCTV footage released in hunt for killers of woman in suitcase
Mumbai: Groping in dark for leads in the murder case of a young woman, whose body was found bundled in an abandoned trolley bag at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) here, the Railway Police on Thursday released CCTV footages, seeking public help to identify her killers.
The body of the unidentified woman, aged around 30, was found stuffed in the bag at the CST railway station on the morning of September 26, with strangle marks, police said.
The postmortem report indicated the victim was strangled to death and was assaulted before she was killed.
The CCTV footages released to the media show the two accused (aged between 25-30 years), who appeared tense standing with the bag on the railway platform for a while before rushing away from there, police said.
The duo alighted from the Pune-Mumbai Sinhagad Express, pulling the trolley bag, they said.
The visuals show a policeman passed off the two while they were preparing to abandon the bag.
The movements of the duo were caught in 4-5 CCTVs, although the faces were not clearly seen.
Police suspect that the accused might have boarded the train either in Thane, Pune or Raigadh.
Cops were verifying if any missing persons` complaint was registered in police stations of the city or neighbouring cities. So far about 300 people have been quizzed in connection with the case but in vain, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!