Mumbai: CCTV system upgradation on cards
Mumbai: As a part of the security upgradation in Mumbai following July 13 blasts, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday assured that an
improved video surveillance (CCTV) structure will be put in
place at the earliest.
Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) has been appointed as
project management consultants and a high-powered committee
was in place which has been authorised to purchase necessary
equipment without consulting the cabinet, he said.
"Expression-of-interest bids will be invited soon,"
Chavan told reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting.
"We are monitoring the situation and decision will be
Chavan said Scotland Yard officials from UK had come to
Mumbai earlier to train some of the police personnel. "That
contact will be re-established", he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060