Mumbai: CCTV system upgradation on cards
Mumbai: As a part of the security upgradation in Mumbai following July 13 blasts, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday assured that an
improved video surveillance (CCTV) structure will be put in
place at the earliest.
Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) has been appointed as
project management consultants and a high-powered committee
was in place which has been authorised to purchase necessary
equipment without consulting the cabinet, he said.
"Expression-of-interest bids will be invited soon,"
Chavan told reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting.
"We are monitoring the situation and decision will be
Chavan said Scotland Yard officials from UK had come to
Mumbai earlier to train some of the police personnel. "That
contact will be re-established", he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice