Mumbai: CCTV system upgradation on cards
Mumbai: As a part of the security upgradation in Mumbai following July 13 blasts, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday assured that an
improved video surveillance (CCTV) structure will be put in
place at the earliest.
Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) has been appointed as
project management consultants and a high-powered committee
was in place which has been authorised to purchase necessary
equipment without consulting the cabinet, he said.
"Expression-of-interest bids will be invited soon,"
Chavan told reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting.
"We are monitoring the situation and decision will be
Chavan said Scotland Yard officials from UK had come to
Mumbai earlier to train some of the police personnel. "That
contact will be re-established", he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi