Mumbai: CCTV system upgradation on cards
Mumbai: As a part of the security upgradation in Mumbai following July 13 blasts, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday assured that an
improved video surveillance (CCTV) structure will be put in
place at the earliest.
Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) has been appointed as
project management consultants and a high-powered committee
was in place which has been authorised to purchase necessary
equipment without consulting the cabinet, he said.
"Expression-of-interest bids will be invited soon,"
Chavan told reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting.
"We are monitoring the situation and decision will be
Chavan said Scotland Yard officials from UK had come to
Mumbai earlier to train some of the police personnel. "That
contact will be re-established", he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'