Mumbai: Chargesheet filed in Juhu rave party case
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Wednesday filed a chargesheet in ‘a rave party` case, wherein IPL player Rahul Sharma, actor couple Apoorva Agnihotri and Shilpa Agnihotri, and others had been rounded up after a raid on a suburban hotel.
South African cricketer Wayne Parnell has been showed as a wanted accused in the chargesheet.
The police had conducted a raid in May last year on a party at a hotel in suburban Juhu, where drugs were allegedly being consumed, and rounded up around 86 persons.
"We have filed a 1,200-page chargesheet against 86 persons while 35 accused, mostly foreigners, have been shown as wanted," said a police official. The wanted accused include foreigners who left the country after the medical examination.
The chargesheet names Vishay Handa, the Director of the hotel, DJs Deepesh Sharma and Rakesh Sharma, Agnihotris, and Sharma, among others.
The special NDPS Act court will first take cognisance of the chargesheet and then issue summons to the accused.
Meanwhile, M D Hussain, one of the persons present at the party who had tested positive for cannabis, has filed an application seeking immunity from prosecution under section 54 A of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
Under the section, any person, who is charged with offences involving a small quantity of narcotic drugs and who voluntarily seeks to undergo medical treatment from a de-addiction cetre, can be given immunity. Hussain has contended he had undergone de-addiction at government-run hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi