Mumbai Cong gears up for BMC polls
Mumbai: Members of Mumbai Pradesh Mahila
Congress today received lessons on issues like eligibility
criteria, code of conduct during ensuing BMC elections, from
senior party leaders, at a training workshop here.
The activists were guided on working at grassroots
level, communicating with electorates and addressing public
grievances and expectations, at the event, attended by Union
ministers Kumari Selja, Krishna Tirth and All India Mahila
Congress chief Anita Verma.
The workshop dwelt on how the 50 per cent reservation
for women in the elections would benefit them and the party,
MRCC president Kripashankar Singh said.
A seminar on political empowerment and training
convention to guide aspiring women candidates for election was
held, in suburban Vile Parle.
Mumbai Pradesh Mahila Congress has recognised the
need to train and prepare aspiring women in political arena.
"Most of the speakers urged the Congress party workers
to groom themselves for leadership posts and ensuing elections
to local self-government bodies," Janet D?Souza, President of
Mumbai Pradesh Mahila Congress Committee said.
Enhancement of reservation for women in panchayats
will facilitate more women to enter the public sphere and this
will lead to further empowerment of women and also make
panchayats more inclusive institutions, thereby improving
governance and public service delivery, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'