Mumbai Congress leader Nanavare calls meeting of `loyalists`
Mumbai: Senior Mumbai Congress leader Vasant Nanavare, who had hit out at AICC in-charge for Maharashtra Mohan Prakash in the presence of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi earlier this month, has called a meeting of `party loyalists` on April 3.
In a statement, Nanavare, senior vice president of Mumbai Congress, said at the meeting with Rahul on March 1 "loyalists" like him had asked the Congress scion to free the party of those who had ditched Indira Gandhi and helped weaken the Congress`s base all over the country.
"The party is now being controlled by outsiders and the loyalists have been sidelined," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket