Mumbai Congress leader Nanavare calls meeting of `loyalists`
Mumbai: Senior Mumbai Congress leader Vasant Nanavare, who had hit out at AICC in-charge for Maharashtra Mohan Prakash in the presence of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi earlier this month, has called a meeting of `party loyalists` on April 3.
In a statement, Nanavare, senior vice president of Mumbai Congress, said at the meeting with Rahul on March 1 "loyalists" like him had asked the Congress scion to free the party of those who had ditched Indira Gandhi and helped weaken the Congress`s base all over the country.
"The party is now being controlled by outsiders and the loyalists have been sidelined," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city