Mumbai continues to suffer from water logging due to high tide
Mumbai: Mumbaikars continue to suffer from water logging and traffic jams for the second day due to high tides.
Parked cars remained submerged in water while vehicles on the roads had a difficult time moving because of water logging in the low lying areas.
Chetan, a resident of the city, told ANI, "High tide is creating a lot of problems for us and I would like to advice people to go out of their houses only when it`s required. BMC needs to put an effort to keep the city clean as the water is creating a lot of mess."
Another resident, Manik Tiwari complained that houses are getting flooded due to the tides and the city is swarming with garbage, which the municipality needs to take care of.
Even before the arrival of monsoon, people in Mumbai are facing high tides which are expected to increase further, though the Indian Meteorological Department has predicted below normal rainfalls this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman