Mumbai cop attends Chhota Rajan`s party
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil has sought a report from the police department about a top police officer allegedly attending a party hoisted by certain gangsters on Christmas eve.
Patil was replying to queries from reporters about a leading tabloid purportedly showing photographs of an Assistant Commissioner of Police partying with alleged Chhota Rajan gang members at a private club in suburban Chembur.
The English tabloid identified the ACP as Prakash Wani.
The party was reportedly organised to celebrate Christmas and release of some key gang members from jail.
Rajan`s close aide D K Rao was the chief guest of the party.
Rao was released after 13 years of imprisonment recently when he was acquitted in 30 criminal cases, the tabloid said.
Grainy footage of the party apparently filmed with a mobile phone were aired by some TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Turkey`s post-coup purge: almost 16,000 detained, 50,000 fired
- Death sentences upheld for six Jamaatul Mujahideen Bangladesh militants in 2005 bombings
- Oh Air India! 11,000 flights rescheduled, 16,000 flights delayed till June 2016
- India's tour of West Indies: Hosts pick uncapped fast bowler Alzarri Joseph for second Test
- SC to hear plea of Army doctors for enhancement of retirement age