Mumbai cop attends Chhota Rajan`s party
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil has sought a report from the police department about a top police officer allegedly attending a party hoisted by certain gangsters on Christmas eve.
Patil was replying to queries from reporters about a leading tabloid purportedly showing photographs of an Assistant Commissioner of Police partying with alleged Chhota Rajan gang members at a private club in suburban Chembur.
The English tabloid identified the ACP as Prakash Wani.
The party was reportedly organised to celebrate Christmas and release of some key gang members from jail.
Rajan`s close aide D K Rao was the chief guest of the party.
Rao was released after 13 years of imprisonment recently when he was acquitted in 30 criminal cases, the tabloid said.
Grainy footage of the party apparently filmed with a mobile phone were aired by some TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media