Mumbai cop attends Chhota Rajan`s party
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil has sought a report from the police department about a top police officer allegedly attending a party hoisted by certain gangsters on Christmas eve.
Patil was replying to queries from reporters about a leading tabloid purportedly showing photographs of an Assistant Commissioner of Police partying with alleged Chhota Rajan gang members at a private club in suburban Chembur.
The English tabloid identified the ACP as Prakash Wani.
The party was reportedly organised to celebrate Christmas and release of some key gang members from jail.
Rajan`s close aide D K Rao was the chief guest of the party.
Rao was released after 13 years of imprisonment recently when he was acquitted in 30 criminal cases, the tabloid said.
Grainy footage of the party apparently filmed with a mobile phone were aired by some TV channels.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai