Mumbai Corporators provide helping hand in Census
Mumbai: As the data collection for Census
has begun, Corporators are lending helping hand to the civic
body by creating awareness in their areas and thereby ensuring
that people get enrolled.
The first phase of the 15th National Census began on
May 1 and will continue till June 15. Municipal Corporation of
Greater Mumbai (MCGM) has started door-to-door process of data
collection for the once-in-a-ten-year exercise.
"It is important for us to inform the common people
about the Census as they know us by our name and face. It is
easy for us to make them understand. Some people might be
reluctant to share information or co-operate with enumerators
so we are holding meetings with housing societies, informing
them about the importance of Census," Sena Corporator Sunil
Prabhu told agency.
Congress Corporator Sameer Desai said, "We will start
putting hoardings and banners about the Census in a day or so
which would have information like the when the data collection
process starts and end, why it is important, Unique
Identification Card (UIC) and other information."
The campaign may persuade people who are planning to
got out of the city to register themselves before leaving for
vacation, Desai said.
Prabhu, however, said he believes in mouth-to-mouth
publicity rather than putting hoardings or banners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan