Mumbai Corporators provide helping hand in Census
Mumbai: As the data collection for Census
has begun, Corporators are lending helping hand to the civic
body by creating awareness in their areas and thereby ensuring
that people get enrolled.
The first phase of the 15th National Census began on
May 1 and will continue till June 15. Municipal Corporation of
Greater Mumbai (MCGM) has started door-to-door process of data
collection for the once-in-a-ten-year exercise.
"It is important for us to inform the common people
about the Census as they know us by our name and face. It is
easy for us to make them understand. Some people might be
reluctant to share information or co-operate with enumerators
so we are holding meetings with housing societies, informing
them about the importance of Census," Sena Corporator Sunil
Prabhu told agency.
Congress Corporator Sameer Desai said, "We will start
putting hoardings and banners about the Census in a day or so
which would have information like the when the data collection
process starts and end, why it is important, Unique
Identification Card (UIC) and other information."
The campaign may persuade people who are planning to
got out of the city to register themselves before leaving for
vacation, Desai said.
Prabhu, however, said he believes in mouth-to-mouth
publicity rather than putting hoardings or banners.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success