Mumbai court issues warrant against Abu Jindal
Mumbai: A Mumbai court on Monday issued production warrant against suspected Laskhar-e-Taiba terrorist Sayed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jindal arrested in Delhi for his alleged complicity in the 26/11 terror attack.
The warrant was issued by PS Rathod, Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, on an application by special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam and 26/11 case Investigating Officer Ramesh Mahale.
Equipped with the production warrant, a team of Mumbai police would now go to Delhi to seek the custody of Jindal and bring him here to stand trial.
Nikam told the court that Jindal had played a key role in the criminal conspiracy hatched in Pakistan by LeT to strike terror in Mumbai.
In furtherance of this conspiracy, Nikam said, a group of 10 terrorists had arrived here from Karachi by sea, killed 166 people and injured 238 on November 26, 2008.
Nikam said Jindal was handling the terrorists by phone from Karachi when the brazen attack was being perpetrated.
Nikam said Mohamed Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving 26/11 terrorist convicted in the case, had in his confession said Jindal taught them Hindi and interacted with them on telephone from Karachi during the attack.
Prosecutor Nikam referred to Kasab`s statement in the trial court, saying Jindal was in touch with them on telephone when the terrorists were carrying out attack on Nariman House, an abode of Jews in Mumbai.
Besides, he said, Kasab had testified that Jindal was an Indian national.
The prosecutor pleaded that there was sufficient evidence against Jindal in the 26/11 case and sought his custody for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert