Mumbai Court rejects anticipatory bail plea of quack
Mumbai: A Sessions Court on Thursday rejected an
anticipatory bail plea of a person, accused of cheating
several people with false promises of curing AIDS and cancer.
Sessions Judge R G Awachat, while rejecting Munir Khan`s
bail application, granted him interim protection from arrest
until February 22.
Khan is accused of selling each bottle of his medicine
`Body Revival` for Rs 15,000 claiming that it would cure
dreaded diseases like AIDS and cancer.
In his anticipatory bail plea, Khan said he was innocent
and has been falsely implicated. He claimed to have obtained
licence from Rajasthan government to manufacture the
Versova police have registered a case of cheating against
Khan following complaints from several people. According to
police, Khan does not have any degree in medicine and was not
a qualified doctor.
Veteran actress Tabassum, who had appeared in a
promotional advertisement of Khan`s "wonder drug" `Body
Revival`, had filed an intervening application in the court
opposing Khan`s anticipatory bail plea.
She had earlier lodged a complaint against Khan alleging
that he was threatening her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living