Mumbai court rejects bail in minor rape case
Mumbai: The sessions court on Friday rejected
the anticipatory bail plea of a 28-year-old man, accused of
raping a 12-year-old girl continuously for two years, after
observing that it was a serious offence.
"Raping a minor girl is a serious offence and the
accused needs to be interrogated by the police," additional
sessions Judge P H Mali remarked while rejecting the bail
The accused, Gyan Prasad Sharma has been along with
eight other men including a 70-year-old man accused of raping
a 12-year-old girl for over two years at suburban Saki Naka,
where she was staying with her maternal aunt.
While five of the accused were arrested and later
released on bail, the police were on the look out for the
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary