Mumbai CP orders inquiry against DCP for sex scam
Mumbai: Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik
has ordered a departmental inquiry against a senior cop,
attached to city traffic department, after a prostitution
racket was allegedly found to be run from the premises rented
out by him, police said on Friday.
"A departmental inquiry was ordered against deputy
police commissioner (traffic) Nandkumar Chougule by the police
commissioner. The Joint police commissioner (Administration)
is heading the inquiry," a senior police official said.
Acting on a tip off that a sex racket was being run
from `Cleopatra Day Spa` located in the Seven Bungalow area of
suburban Andheri, the officials of social service (SS) branch
of the city police recently raided the premises, police said,
adding "the information was turned out to be true after the
"Subsequently, the Spa runner Saroj Bhakuni and her
two aides were arrested and booked under Prevention of Immoral
Trafficking Act (PITA)," said a police official, adding that
subsequent information revealed that the premises were in the
name of Chougule`s wife.
"Following the revelation, the Commissioner of Police
had ordered an inquiry to reveal if the DCP had deliberately
ignored the illegal activities taking place in his premises,"
they said. Chougule was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!