Mumbai CP orders inquiry against DCP for sex scam
Mumbai: Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik
has ordered a departmental inquiry against a senior cop,
attached to city traffic department, after a prostitution
racket was allegedly found to be run from the premises rented
out by him, police said on Friday.
"A departmental inquiry was ordered against deputy
police commissioner (traffic) Nandkumar Chougule by the police
commissioner. The Joint police commissioner (Administration)
is heading the inquiry," a senior police official said.
Acting on a tip off that a sex racket was being run
from `Cleopatra Day Spa` located in the Seven Bungalow area of
suburban Andheri, the officials of social service (SS) branch
of the city police recently raided the premises, police said,
adding "the information was turned out to be true after the
"Subsequently, the Spa runner Saroj Bhakuni and her
two aides were arrested and booked under Prevention of Immoral
Trafficking Act (PITA)," said a police official, adding that
subsequent information revealed that the premises were in the
name of Chougule`s wife.
"Following the revelation, the Commissioner of Police
had ordered an inquiry to reveal if the DCP had deliberately
ignored the illegal activities taking place in his premises,"
they said. Chougule was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves