Mumbai CP orders inquiry against DCP for sex scam
Mumbai: Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik
has ordered a departmental inquiry against a senior cop,
attached to city traffic department, after a prostitution
racket was allegedly found to be run from the premises rented
out by him, police said on Friday.
"A departmental inquiry was ordered against deputy
police commissioner (traffic) Nandkumar Chougule by the police
commissioner. The Joint police commissioner (Administration)
is heading the inquiry," a senior police official said.
Acting on a tip off that a sex racket was being run
from `Cleopatra Day Spa` located in the Seven Bungalow area of
suburban Andheri, the officials of social service (SS) branch
of the city police recently raided the premises, police said,
adding "the information was turned out to be true after the
"Subsequently, the Spa runner Saroj Bhakuni and her
two aides were arrested and booked under Prevention of Immoral
Trafficking Act (PITA)," said a police official, adding that
subsequent information revealed that the premises were in the
name of Chougule`s wife.
"Following the revelation, the Commissioner of Police
had ordered an inquiry to reveal if the DCP had deliberately
ignored the illegal activities taking place in his premises,"
they said. Chougule was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible