Mumbai CP orders inquiry against DCP for sex scam
Mumbai: Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik
has ordered a departmental inquiry against a senior cop,
attached to city traffic department, after a prostitution
racket was allegedly found to be run from the premises rented
out by him, police said on Friday.
"A departmental inquiry was ordered against deputy
police commissioner (traffic) Nandkumar Chougule by the police
commissioner. The Joint police commissioner (Administration)
is heading the inquiry," a senior police official said.
Acting on a tip off that a sex racket was being run
from `Cleopatra Day Spa` located in the Seven Bungalow area of
suburban Andheri, the officials of social service (SS) branch
of the city police recently raided the premises, police said,
adding "the information was turned out to be true after the
"Subsequently, the Spa runner Saroj Bhakuni and her
two aides were arrested and booked under Prevention of Immoral
Trafficking Act (PITA)," said a police official, adding that
subsequent information revealed that the premises were in the
name of Chougule`s wife.
"Following the revelation, the Commissioner of Police
had ordered an inquiry to reveal if the DCP had deliberately
ignored the illegal activities taking place in his premises,"
they said. Chougule was not available for comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'