Mumbai doctor allegedly rapes patient, flees
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A doctor has allegedly raped a 26-year-old patient at a clinic in a suburb here.
According to the victim`s husband, the doctor offered him bribe to suppress the case and managed to flee with the help of the police.
The victim, who is a resident of Ghatkopar, visited the doctor`s clinic at Khar.
On Saturday, people protested outside the local police station in Khar. "I want the doctor to be punished. The police did not help us. Instead they let the doctor get away," a news channel quoted the victim as saying.
Her husband said: "The police allowed the doctor to travel in his car instead of bringing him to the police station. The doctor went missing. He also tried to bribe me."
A case under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania