Mumbai doctor allegedly rapes patient, flees
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A doctor has allegedly raped a 26-year-old patient at a clinic in a suburb here.
According to the victim`s husband, the doctor offered him bribe to suppress the case and managed to flee with the help of the police.
The victim, who is a resident of Ghatkopar, visited the doctor`s clinic at Khar.
On Saturday, people protested outside the local police station in Khar. "I want the doctor to be punished. The police did not help us. Instead they let the doctor get away," a news channel quoted the victim as saying.
Her husband said: "The police allowed the doctor to travel in his car instead of bringing him to the police station. The doctor went missing. He also tried to bribe me."
A case under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000