Mumbai doctor allegedly rapes patient, flees
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A doctor has allegedly raped a 26-year-old patient at a clinic in a suburb here.
According to the victim`s husband, the doctor offered him bribe to suppress the case and managed to flee with the help of the police.
The victim, who is a resident of Ghatkopar, visited the doctor`s clinic at Khar.
On Saturday, people protested outside the local police station in Khar. "I want the doctor to be punished. The police did not help us. Instead they let the doctor get away," a news channel quoted the victim as saying.
Her husband said: "The police allowed the doctor to travel in his car instead of bringing him to the police station. The doctor went missing. He also tried to bribe me."
A case under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj