Mumbai doctor allegedly rapes patient, flees
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A doctor has allegedly raped a 26-year-old patient at a clinic in a suburb here.
According to the victim`s husband, the doctor offered him bribe to suppress the case and managed to flee with the help of the police.
The victim, who is a resident of Ghatkopar, visited the doctor`s clinic at Khar.
On Saturday, people protested outside the local police station in Khar. "I want the doctor to be punished. The police did not help us. Instead they let the doctor get away," a news channel quoted the victim as saying.
Her husband said: "The police allowed the doctor to travel in his car instead of bringing him to the police station. The doctor went missing. He also tried to bribe me."
A case under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda