Mumbai doctor allegedly rapes patient, flees
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A doctor has allegedly raped a 26-year-old patient at a clinic in a suburb here.
According to the victim`s husband, the doctor offered him bribe to suppress the case and managed to flee with the help of the police.
The victim, who is a resident of Ghatkopar, visited the doctor`s clinic at Khar.
On Saturday, people protested outside the local police station in Khar. "I want the doctor to be punished. The police did not help us. Instead they let the doctor get away," a news channel quoted the victim as saying.
Her husband said: "The police allowed the doctor to travel in his car instead of bringing him to the police station. The doctor went missing. He also tried to bribe me."
A case under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family