Mumbai don Bharat Nepali shot dead in Bangkok
Mumbai: Fugitive underworld gangster
Bhagwant Singh alias Bharat Nepali has been bumped off
allegedly by the henchmen of his former boss Chhota Rajan in
Bangkok, a top Mumbai police officer said here today.
Nepali, a key former aide of Rajan, was killed in
Thailand capital, where he had been living under a fictitious
name for the past few years, in November last year.
Nepali had allegedly masterminded the killings of
advocate Shahid Azmi and Rajan`s close associate Farid Tanasha
last year. Nepali had parted ways with Rajan in 2005 after
which he formed his own gang.
According to the officer, who spoke on condition of
anonymity, Nepali was shot dead by two men as he stepped out
of the shop of an acquaintance at the City Market in Bangkok.
Sources in Mumbai police said the assailants closely
tracked Nepali`s movements before killing him.
The police are awaiting the case papers from Bangkok
police, which would to be routed through the Ministry of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!