Mumbai drunk driving: Haveliwala gets bail as no charges filed
Mumbai: A magistrate`s court today
granted bail to beautician Nooriya Haveliwala in the drunken
driving case as police failed to file chargesheet within the
She will have to produce one surety of Rs 15,000, her
lawyer Renuka Laxmeshwar said.
Two persons were killed after being hit by
Haveliwala`s car in Marine Lines on January 30. Police have
alleged the South Mumbai resident, who are arrested on the
same day, was under the influence of alcohol at the time of
Under the law, police have to file a chargesheet
within 60 days from the day of the arrest, failing which the
accused is entitled to bail, Laxmeshwar said.
Haveliwala had filed a bail application before the
Bombay High Court too, but it will be withdrawn now, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption