Mumbai drunk driving: Haveliwala gets bail as no charges filed
Mumbai: A magistrate`s court today
granted bail to beautician Nooriya Haveliwala in the drunken
driving case as police failed to file chargesheet within the
She will have to produce one surety of Rs 15,000, her
lawyer Renuka Laxmeshwar said.
Two persons were killed after being hit by
Haveliwala`s car in Marine Lines on January 30. Police have
alleged the South Mumbai resident, who are arrested on the
same day, was under the influence of alcohol at the time of
Under the law, police have to file a chargesheet
within 60 days from the day of the arrest, failing which the
accused is entitled to bail, Laxmeshwar said.
Haveliwala had filed a bail application before the
Bombay High Court too, but it will be withdrawn now, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan for higher public spending to prevent Hepatitis B
- First batch of Haj pilgrims from J&K to leave on August 10
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?