Mumbai drunk driving: Haveliwala gets bail as no charges filed
Mumbai: A magistrate`s court today
granted bail to beautician Nooriya Haveliwala in the drunken
driving case as police failed to file chargesheet within the
She will have to produce one surety of Rs 15,000, her
lawyer Renuka Laxmeshwar said.
Two persons were killed after being hit by
Haveliwala`s car in Marine Lines on January 30. Police have
alleged the South Mumbai resident, who are arrested on the
same day, was under the influence of alcohol at the time of
Under the law, police have to file a chargesheet
within 60 days from the day of the arrest, failing which the
accused is entitled to bail, Laxmeshwar said.
Haveliwala had filed a bail application before the
Bombay High Court too, but it will be withdrawn now, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS