Mumbai fire: 1 fireman hurt, 300 shops gutted near Manish market
Mumbai: A major fire broke out on Monday at a BEST sub-station in a building opposite Yara market in South Mumbai, injuring a fireman, fire brigade officials said.
The fire erupted around 1630 hours in the two-storeyed building, which also houses godowns storing toys, Chief Fire Officer Suhas Joshi told reporters.
Around 10 water tankers, 12 fire engines and one ambulance were pressed into service, he said adding the flames have now been brought under control.
However, a fire-fighter was injured while battling the blaze.
The cause of fire was not yet known, Joshi said adding the transformer in the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST) sub-station was not burnt.
Last year in November, a big fire flared up at the nearby Manish market, gutting around 300 shops.
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor