Mumbai: French woman commits suicide
Mumbai: A 33-year-old French national,
working in her country`s consulate here, allegedly committed
suicide by hanging herself at her residence in suburban Bandra on Monday, police said.
The deceased, identified as Svonha Kusya (33), who was
said to be in depression, was found hanging to a ceiling fan
with a belt at 3pm by the owner of her house who opened the
doors using duplicate keys, police said.
According to police, Kusya`s colleague called up the
owner of the flat in Munich building in Bandar, stating Kusya
did not attend the office today and asked her to check if she
was at home. Kusya was not available on phone also, they said.
The house owner went to the flat rented to the French
lady and knocked the door but in vain. She subsequently opened
the door using duplicate keys when the foreign lady was found
hanging, police said adding deep cuts on Kusya`s wrists
inflicted with a sharp object were also discovered.
"It is a clear case of suicide. Her designation in the
consulate is not yet clear," said police official D Patel at
Bandar police station.
The officer added "the lady, who was residing alone,
had been on the rent in this flat since November last year.
Her land lady last saw Kusya on Sunday when she came back home
at around 8pm."
"She left behind a three-page suicide note written in
French language, stating that she is in depression and is not
able to concentrate on her work", said another police official
on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?