Mumbai gang-rape case: Crime Branch files chargesheet in juvenile court
Mumbai: Mumbai police on Thursday filed a charge sheet against four accused in last month`s gang-rape of a 23-year-old photo journalist.
A charge sheet was filed separately against the juvenile accomplice of the accused before a juvenile court.
The accused have been charge-sheeted under various sections of IPC including 376(d) (gang-rape), 377 (unnatural offence), 201 (destruction of evidence) and 120(b) (criminal conspiracy) and 34 (common intention) among others.
The 600-page charge sheet filed in a magistrate`s court has details of the victim`s ordeal, statements of 86 witnesses, forensic evidence collected from the spot, DNA analysis reports, besides phone call records.
The photo journalist was allegedly raped by the five accused when she had gone to the deserted Shakti Mills compound on August 22 with a male colleague on assignment.
The accused-- Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, Mohammed Kasim Hafiz Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali, Siraj Rehman Khan and the minor--had tied up the victim`s male companion with belts and allegedly raped her.
Police had claimed it had a "water-tight" case against all the five accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic