Mumbai gang-rape: Maharashtra govt to foot medical bill of victim
Aurangabad: Maharashtra government will bear the expenses for the treatment of the photojournalist who was gang-raped by five men in Mumbai yesterday, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here on Friday.
"The state government will bear the expenses for the treatment of the victim of this highly condemnable crime," Chavan told reporters.
He said police have been instructed to apprehend all absconding accused at the earliest and it would be ensured that they are handed down "strictest" punishment.
Chavan, however, deprecated the Opposition`s demand for Home Minister RR Patil`s resignation.
"It is not appropriate (for the Opposition) to demand his (Patil`s) resignation. The job of a Home Minister is difficult. Our state is big. Police department needs to be made more efficient," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)