Mumbai gang-rape: Maharashtra govt to foot medical bill of victim
Aurangabad: Maharashtra government will bear the expenses for the treatment of the photojournalist who was gang-raped by five men in Mumbai yesterday, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here on Friday.
"The state government will bear the expenses for the treatment of the victim of this highly condemnable crime," Chavan told reporters.
He said police have been instructed to apprehend all absconding accused at the earliest and it would be ensured that they are handed down "strictest" punishment.
Chavan, however, deprecated the Opposition`s demand for Home Minister RR Patil`s resignation.
"It is not appropriate (for the Opposition) to demand his (Patil`s) resignation. The job of a Home Minister is difficult. Our state is big. Police department needs to be made more efficient," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM